Monday, April 7, 2008

The Midnight Tea Party

Early this morning, I was awoken by the clattering of china, and the chattering of tiny, squeaky voices from downstairs.
Alarmed, I asked Beatrice (my bedside confident and bookend), if she too had heard the commotion...she had.


I quietly crept down the stairs, and peeked through the kitchen door.

In the early morning light I could just make out a little movement...a little scurrying...and then all was quiet.
The kitchen was littered with cupcake crumbs, and empty tea cups were strewn everywhere.
I asked Sienna, if she knew anything of the strange goings on, of course she denied any knowledge....



But then, there on the dresser, I spied the culprits...all fast asleep, their tiny, mousy tummies filled with tea and cake.
Sleeping Suzette had invited her friends, the Snoozy Soozies over for a midnight tea party.





Thank-you to you for your lovely comments about my last post. I'm sorry if I came across a little miserable, I'm so lucky to have Sienna :0)
It helps so much to receive advice and support from people who know what I'm on about!!!

14 comments:

Joanna said...

They are wonderful, Captain Rupert has ears drooped to hear he missed out on a tea party!

Catherine Hayward said...

Sleeping meeces! They're lovely. :)

Catherine Hayward said...

(love Sienna's expression too, priceless!)

this is my patch said...

Such a lovely story and pretty little mice. I think Sienna knows more than she is letting on! x

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

OH!! Look at those lovelies!!!! Your baby is beautiful!!!

Mel said...

I came across your blog, and immediately I loved the pictures. The whole effect is just warm coziness. Just lovely!

Lunabee said...

Ooh Erica these are just lovely! So beautifully made. Little Sienna's expression is adorable, what a beauty she is! xx

natural attrill said...

Nice to see the photo's, I like the mice, and Sienna is looking lovely.
Hope you are coping ok, and enjoying being a Mum.
Toby and i are having a charity give away on our blog if you fancy joining in.
Penny.

Gail said...

What a delightful little tale ... made me laugh ;)

Little Sienna is looking so gorgeous and growing so quickly too X

melissa said...

Oh my goodness, Sienna is so beautiful! And so big! Wow, they grow too fast, don't they?

the fabled needle (jen) said...

the mice are so adorable! i love that they are sleeping.

green phoenix said...

how lovely your mice are, you are really talented obviously, everything will come in time.Creativity pulls you in different, often uncomfotable directions, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

How sweet, at least your meeces were only drinking tea, I hate to think if my bunnies had a party, dandelion cocktails in the garden at midnight. Sienna looks so beautiful!

Rosie x

Christine said...

Hi there Erica! I just discovered your work on Etsy this morning and had to come over. What a wonderful place you have complete with utterly charming creatures and a sweet baby. I'm bookmarking you so I can return again!!~Christine